I’ve mentioned in a couple of previous posts that I’ve refreshed my home server recently. In setting everything up I spent a lot of time googling around looking for information on how to do things that for the most part I’d done before on my previous server.
To help me avoid future googling if/when I need to go through this process again, I’ve been creating a whole bunch of bookmarks this time around. I thought I’d share them in case they’re useful to anybody else.
- oVirt Quick Start Guide
- How to Configure Static IP Address on CentOS 6.5 Minimal
- How to Create a Windows 2008 Virtual Machine
- oVirt USB Passthrough
- How to Configure Static IP Address on Ubuntu
- Samba Server Configuration in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Samba Users and Security
- Making Samba Share Visibile to Particular Users Only
- Samba No Longer Follows Symbolic Links (Solved)
- Installing Lighttpd With PHP5 and MySQL Support on Ubuntu
- Three Steps to Perform SSH Login Without Password
- Fstab – Mounting External Drives at Boot
- How to Install Deluge Headless on Ubuntu Server
- Bypass Firewall and NAT with Reverse SSH Tunnel
- Permanent SSH Tunnels with AutoSSH
I start autossh from a script in /etc/network/if-up.d, so that it starts as soon as the network is started (and restarts if the network is restarted after a lost connection)
- How to Symlink a File in Linux
This also applies to folders.