After a brief respite last week while I was on vacation, it’s time to get back to late night links. There’s lots to get through because of my week off, so let’s get on with it.
- Swap Your Glasses Anytime with Ditto’s New Endless Eyewear Program
There’s a Netflix for glasses now. Interesting.
- The Computer Simulation that Almost Started World War III
- The BBC is Really Outdoing Themselves with Their Guests
- Beam’s Android-Powered Projector Fits in Your Light Sockets
- How (and Why) to Ditch Dropbox and Sync Files with BitTorrent Sync
I tried BitTorrent Sync when it was a new thing, and it didn’t work well. Might be worth a revisit though, because I love the idea.
- You’re Going to Need a Bigger Snowblower
Somewhat related: How They Keep the News on the Air in Cold Weather
- Toggle Hardware Controls in Android Lollipop with a Voice Command
Alright then, I will.
- Some of These Fan Theories Are Better Than the Actual Story
- Just Your Average Boston Commute During Snowpocalypse
- Facebook is Biggist Drain on Smartphone Performance: Study
If I leave the Facebook app open it can drain the battery on my phone in a matter of hours.
- StopLift Watches You at the Self-Checkout
Maybe I should stop putting expensive items through the self-checkout as “bananas?”
- How to Turn Off Netflix’s Autoplay Feature
I had no idea turning it off was an option. Apparently going outside is also something you can do? Anyway, I turned it off. It remains to be seen if the setting only affects Netflix.com, or if this changes things on my DVD player too.
- Android for Work is Ready to Make Your Phone Office-Friendly
My company does not have a BYOD policy. Hopefully technology like this encourages them to implement one.
- Doctor Evil!
- This Man is Our New National Treasure, and Our Greatest Mentor
- It’s so Cold in the Northeast That Waves are Coming in as Slushies
Last one about the weather in the North East, I promise.
- Two Men Shot Dead at Toronto McDonald’s After Altercation
Since when are there armed security guards wandering around?
- The WebRTC Race Begins Today
And we’re done! See you next week, same time, same place.