Welcome one and all to another exciting edition of late night links! The astute amongst you may have noticed that there wasn’t one last week, but that’s because Calgary was hit with some pretty epic flooding and we were temporarily evacuated from our home. We’re all good now though - we were some of the lucky ones and there was no damage to our building or any of our other property. All is back to normal, so let’s get on with this week’s edition. There’s much to get through:
- Dad, Baby and a Label Maker = Mischief
The other week I labelled our dog in a similar manner. He was unimpressed.
- Emergency Candles
If it’s not an emergency it burns for 45.
- Portable Hand-Strap
- How to Get (Nearly) Stock Android on Any Phone, No Rooting Required
I should do this. I hate all the crapware Samsung saw fit to install on my phone, and I know Flo isn’t a big fan of all the stuff on her HTC either.
- Dog Airport Bathroom
- Feedly Launches a Standalone Webapp, No Extension Necessary
Good. I’m using it right now to write this. I hated the extension.
- Canadian Car Dealership Owner Gets Robbed, Creates a Radio Commercial to Drive His Robbers Insane With Anxiety
- Life of Po
- Dilbert: Comic for June 24, 2013
This is what it’s like to work where I work.
- Gelatinous Social Ooze
- Google Cloud Playground Lets You Dip Your Toes in the Cloud Platform Waters
I feel like this will be useful to me one day.
- Stampede Selling “Hell or High Water” T-Shirts
I want one.
- Cyanide & Happiness #3215: Pop-Up Book
- The Best Gmail IFTTT Recipes
I use IFTTT for a few things, but it’s so good that I don’t even remember what they are - it’s just stuff that happens without me having to think about it.
- How Many Feet do Three Roosters Have?
- It’s Raining
- Beware of the Dog
And we’re done for another week! I’ll see you next time. Stay classy, San Diego.