Welcome to the first late night links of December! Yay! Christmas is nearly here, and so is our trip to NYC for NYE! But that stuff will have to wait, we have internet junk to get through first…
- What Did People Do Before This Brilliant Solution Was Released?
The internet at large may laugh, but I did this years ago in the garage at home to help me avoid driving the cars into the freezer. I didn’t buy a pre-assembled kit though, I made my own out of string and a ball.
- Amazing Reasons to Get Detention
- Meet Paul
- Pause Problems
- In a Meeting
- Streak Tracks Your Email, Lets You Know Who Read It, When, and Where
I used to use something like this a while ago, but it only worked on SMTP and couldn’t be used with webmail. This seems like a nice solution and I like the functionality, but I’m fairly sure it relies on the recipient choosing (in most cases) to display remote content when they open your email… which they probably won’t.
- Lean Over 60 Google Now Commands with This Infographic
This, I have been looking for. With my new phone always listening, I’ve started using the voice features of Google Now much more frequently. And apparently new versions of Chrome are going to work the same.
- Paper Hat of Happiness
- This Formatting Rule Determines Whether Your Followers See Your Tweets
I have been teaching Flo the mysterious ways of the dot this week.
- XKCD #1296: Git Commit
I don’t even leave a message. Although I only use it for version control and synchronization on demand.
- Man Starts Writing Hillside Message to Win Back Ex-Girlfriend - But Gets Tired and Gives Up
Who says chivalry is dead?
- Man Charged for Watching Movie While Driving on Highway
OK - so we know using a phone to talk on is legal if you’re using a hands-free device, and we now know watching a movie is illegal. Where does a video call fall on this scale? Because I’ve definitely made hands-free video calls while driving before…
- Post-It Prank
And we’re done for another week! Goodnight all.