It’s been ridiculously cold this weekend, so I have been mostly hiding in the apartment since I got home on Friday. If, however, you were thinking that the extra time I have as a result will help to make this week’s late night links better than usual then you are sorely mistaken.
- Russia Pokes Fun at Olympic Ring Malfunction in Closing Ceremony
- XKCD #1334: Second
I spent a decent chunk of time yesterday attempting to set up a WebDAV share on my webserver. I visited the second page several times. Didn’t find anything there to help me.
- Unclogging a Toilet with Fire
Spoiler alert: Doesn’t work.
- The Busiest Section Highway in North America (ON401) During the Olympic Gold Medal Men’s Hockey Game
Flo, Charlie and I got up at 4:30am to watch.
- How to Fix Those Wall Scribbles
- MLAs See High-Speed Rail in Alberta’s Distant Future
I think we need this.
- What a Guy Wants
- Toccata & Fugue in D Minor, on the FAO Schwarz Piano
- MasterCard Testing Security Feature That OKs Purchases Based on Phone Location
This is smart.
- Creating a Border Animation Effect with SVG and CSS
I like this. I’ll never use it, but I like it nonetheless.
- 100 Pennies
- Can You Solve This?
- Just a Russian on Fire Diving Into a Snowbank
No big deal.
- I’ve Spent My Time in Hell
- Helping Couples Have a Family
- Now That’s Epically Drunk
- Little Kid’s Costco Performance
- BBQ Chip Bandits Busted
- A Woman in Scotland Fills out the Wrong Form on TripAdvisor, and Now She’s 87th Of 168 Attractions
- Over 120 Science Journal Papers Pulled for Being Total Gibberish
So I identified that the abstract from the example was gibberish, so I have no idea how so many of these were published.
- The Internet is Controlled by Fourteen People Who Hold Seven Secret Keys
And we’re done for another week! Stay warm, and I’ll see you next Sunday.